Board of Visitors
The Board of Visitors (BOV) assists the Department of Fire Protection Engineering in gaining recognition and support as a leader in fire protection engineering education and research. Members provide the chair and department leadership with objective information and intellectual stimulation, advising on a wide range of issues that include strategic planning, corporate relations, fund raising initiatives, communications strategies and other opportunities. As knowledgeable and dedicated advocates of the department, members help attract and engage a diverse group of supporters and serve as liaisons between the department, industry, government and other academic institutions.
- Jack Poole, P.E., Principal, Poole Fire Protection, Inc.
- Rodger Reiswig, Director, Industry Relations, SimplexGrinnell, a Tyco International Company
- Arvind Atreya, Ph.D., Professor, University of Michigan
- Nelson Bryner, Acting Division Chief, NIST Fire Research Division
- Christian Dubay, P.E., Vice President of Codes and Standards, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Pravinray D. Gandhi, Ph.D. Business Development Director Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Raymond A. Grill, P.E., Principal, ARUP
- Brian S. Grove, P.E., Engineering Section Chief, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Chris Jelenewicz, P.E., Engineering Program Manager, SFPE
- Michael A. Knoll, Director, Solutions Sales Americas, SIEMENS Industry, Inc.
- William E. Koffel, P.E., President, Koffel Associates
- Robert J. Libby, P.E., FSFPE, Principal, Coffman Engineers
- R. Thomas Long, P.E., Principal Engineer and Office Director, Exponent Failure Analysis, Inc.
- John Mitros, Principal, Rhino Fire Protection Engineering, PLLC
- David Moore, President and CEO, AcuTech
- Amy Murdock, Principal, Code Consultants Inc.
- Jason Sutula, P.E., Senior Fire Investigator/Senior FPE, JENSEN HUGHES
- Stacy N. Welch, P.E. Marriott International, Inc.
- Dr. Wang Yi, Senior Research Scientist and Technical Team Leader, FM Global