Curriculum Advisory Committee
Fire Research & Education
The Curriculum Advisory Committee (CAC) of the Department of Fire Protection Engineering was formed in 1999, with the stated goals as follows:
"The overall goal of this committee is to provide authoritative focus to ensure that the knowledge and skills taught in the FPE curricula meet the present and future expectations of employees and students alike. The objectives include establishing a uniform and focused method to track recommendations, assessments of existing and proposed curriculum changes, recommendations of new courses and their content, and ensuring top-notch academic standards.”
- Chris Jelenewicz, P.E., Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Amy J. Murdock, P.E. Code Consultants, Inc.
- David M. Banwarth, P.E., David M. Banwarth Associates, LLC (DBMA)
- Alyson J. Blair, Protection Engineering Group
- Matthew I. Chibbaro, P.E., Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
- Brian S. Grove, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Fire Research Laboratory
- Gerald A. Haynes, P.E., Vice President, Forensic Fire Analysis, LLC
- David J. Icove, Ph.D., P.E., University of Tennessee, Dept of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- William E. Koffel, P.E., Koffel Associates, Inc.
- Erica Kuligowski, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Renato R. Molina, P.E., Jensen Hughes
- Jack Poole, P.E., Poole Fire Protection, Inc.
- Mark Henry Salley, P.E., U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Joseph L. Scheffey, P.E., JENSEN HUGHES
- Eric R. Schmidt, P.E., Member-At-Large
- Joseph A. Simone, P.E., Naval Facilities Engineering Command
- Steven M. Spivak, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus
- Alex L. Szachnowicz, P.E., Anne Arundel County Board of Education
- Stacy N. Welch, P.E., Marriott International, Inc.
- Jennifer Zaworski, AON Fire Protection Engineering
Liaison and Industry Associates
- Mark A. Aaby, P.E. (alternate to W. Koffel), Koffel Associates, Inc.
- Morgan J. Hurley, P.E. (alternate to C. Jelenewicz), Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Alvin A. Kelly, P.E. (alternate to J. Scheffey), JENSEN HUGHES
- Stephen Kerber (industry representative), Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
- Daniel J. O’Connor (corresponding associate), Schirmer Engineering Corporation
- Amy J. Murdock, P.E. (corresponding associate), Code Consultants, Inc.
- Howard R. Baum, Research Professor
- Marino diMarzo, Ph.D., Professor
- Michael J. Gollner, Ph.D, Assistant Professor
- André W. Marshall, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Director, FireTEC
- James A. Milke, Ph.D., P.E., Professor and Chair
- James G. Quintiere, Ph.D., The John L. Bryan Professor Emeritus
- Steven M. Spivak, Ph.D. (also Active Member), Professor Emeritus
- Peter B. Sunderland, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Stanislav I. Stoliarov, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Arnaud Trouvé, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Administrative Support and Contacts
- Marah L. Benjamin, Program Management Specialist
- Sharon A. Hodgson, Director of Administrative Services